Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Passing of a Leader

In The name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Inna lillahi wa ilayhi raji'oon.

On Sept. 9th, 2008, Allah (swt) called back one of HIs servants, Imam Warith Deen Muhammad. Masha Allah, an outstanding leader and educator, he was an inspiration and guide for many. It is with great sadness that I give my sincere condolences to the family of Imam Warith Deen Muhammad. May Allah (swt) reward all his hard work and effort towards helping the muslim community and bringing so many muslims to Islam.

When I received the news of his death, I was completely floored. I had just gone on my lunch break when I opened my email. Tearfully, I made dua for him and his family. I sincerely pray that Allah (swt) rewards him for his good deeds and the good that came from his leaving the Nation of Islam. It was through him, that many muslims, including my mother, found true Islam. I can't begin to say how much he has influenced my family. When he abandoned the teachings of the NOI, he told the muslims to go out, buy and read the Qur'an. My mom did just that. She left the NOI and Alhamdulillah, became a muslim. I feel blessed to have been touched by him, because if Allah (swt) had not guided him to true islam, I don't know where I would be, where my family would be and if my mom would have been guided to the straight path and if she would have died a true muslim. My mother (May Allah (swt) have mercy on her) passed away on Eid morning, October 2007

Though his passing will leave a large gap in the African-American muslim community, he died in the best of times, in the month of mercy, the month of Ramadan. The month in which the doors of mercy are open, when all good deeds are rewarded in abundance, and all of the duas of the fasting are answered.

He will be missed. I pray that Allah (swt) covers Imam Warith Deen Muhammad in His shades of mercy and grant him Jannah. May Allah (swt) give strength and patience to the Imam's family during their time of grief. Ameen.

With all my love and support,
Your sister in Islam


This was also published here: http://www.fanawatch.com/index.php?do=news_view&id=1148

No comments:

Post a Comment