Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Gratitude Challenge - What are you grateful for?




Gratitute - (n) the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful:


Grateful - warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received; thankful


Sometimes, as we go through life's many changes and challenges, it is so easy to get caught up in regret and remorse over the lost of opportunities, lost of loved ones, lost of wealth, lost health, lost of status and so on. I have to realize that these 'regrets' and 'remorse' is nothing more than the ingratitude of what is not meant for me. It is my inability to be thankful for what I DO have as oppose to what I DON'T have or perhaps WANT to have. So what exactly is being grateful? Does it mean that I should not strive for those things that makes me happy, like finding true love, finishing school, finding a great job, going after my dreams or making my hobbies a reality?? By all means no!



“So remember Me; I will remember you. And be grateful to Me and do not deny Me”. [Quran 2: 152]



Gratitude is the acknowledgment that all things good come from Allah (God) and it is also the realization that when things don't happen the way we plan, or we don't see the blessing that we are trying to attain, that it is His plan and will to withhold that blessing. Thus, being grateful means to accept the blessings He gives with praises and humility and being patient when the Almighty denies.


This challenge will focus on all the favors and bounties we are blessed with, the good, the sad, and even the hurtful. It is my hope that all who participate, including myself, will learn to focus on the favors of our Lord has blessed us with, not the everyday struggles that make us forget just how truly blessed and loved we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment