Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ramadan Mubarik! Day Seven!

Ramadan Mubarik. Today's (Friday) diary is a bit late. there was a lot of drama at the end of my day! Subhan Allah, I'm home safe. My day started not so good. I woke up feeling really sick (probably from the nachos we had for suhoor) and totally exhausted, this week has been tiring with the new children in the classroom. Needless to say, I called in sick and rested until Zuhr prayer. I got up prayed and kind of just rested, checked my mail and read Qur'an until it was time for me to go to the open house iftar held at ISS they invited members from the communtiy, senator, King executive county person and others from different organizations to learn about ramadan and experience Iftar with us. We had yummy chicken and rice! It was really nice, Masha Allah. I gave Sennie a ride home and then got stuck on the I-5. There had been a shooting and the shooter was still running loose. They shut down a portion of the I-5, the portion I happened to need to get home! After sitting about 40 minutes on the highway, they finally let us use the off ramp to find alternative routes. I took the street home, scary, it was the street that was close to where the shooting took place! I was so scared, made dua the whole way home. I finally made it home around 10:40-11:00pm. Around 12:30 or 12:40 they caught the shooter. Now, I just want to relax, pray, get ready to get little sis and go straight to bed!

Dua: Oh Allah, thank you for delivering me safely to my home. Please protect me and my family from the evils of this life and the whispers of shaitan and his friends of evil-doers.

No comments:

Post a Comment