Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Ramadan Mubarik! Day Three!

Day three has come to an end :) I began my fast with a bowl of cereal and a breakfast pattie sandwiched in a bisquit :D Masha Allah, it was yummy but a tab bit heavy on the stomach. I felt a little queazy this morning. Today was a bit stressful though it ended pretty much the same, chaotic! Today began new transitions. three moving up :( and three coming in :) it was stressful in that Jen had to leave early due to a fever ( I was not very thrilled about that!) and the new kids were stressing out the others with their crying and the new kids were stressed out by the other children getting to close. Some children acted out towards the new children probably out of jealousy, while others just cried when they didn't get the attention they wanted! They annoyed each other, pushed each other, stole toys from each other all day! I got a chance to take a 20 minute cat nap during my lunch break so I think that put me in better spirits. Some level of normalcy returned when the new children went back to their classroom and we went back to our normal schedule. After nap and snack, sat for a bit and just played, giving attention to everyone. Later, once numbers dropped, we did an art project which they liked. I actually got to leave ON TIME! I was happy about that! I came home, prayed and went straight to my bed. I didn't sleep but I sure did rest my nerves. Insha Allah, I pray tomorrow will be better.


Dua: Oh Allah, please give me the patience to be gentle to others and remain calm and optimistic in the face of challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment