Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

What is failure?

~In order to succeed you must first be willing to fail~

As you know from my previous blog post, I have started knitting using the knifty knitter. Well, it took me a while to get the hang of it but I did. :) I was on a roll until I realized that I was getting to the end of my very first knitting project. I did not know how to "cast off" as it is put in knitting terminology. So, I watched a couple of youtube videos to learn how to cast off. Well, I watched them about four days ago and thought I still remembered how to cast off. Silly me, I should have watched the videos again before attempting to cast off but for some reason I was confident I knew what I was doing. :/ Needless to say, the casting off stage of my knitting project was a big FAIL! :( But that's okay, I wont let myself get discouraged, because the only real failure in life is to never try again. As Mr. Ford put it, "Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."


Cast off FAIL!
top view of the last stitch, the cast off.


I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

LOL! so true Mr. Edison, so true! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment