Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Truffle: Poem by Fida

As Salaamu Alaikum

I would like to share a very nice poem on this blessed day! It is called, "Lailatul Qadr," by a poet named  Fida Islaih. What drew me to this poem was her description of the evening. By Allah, I felt the same way a couple nights ago! Here is the poem and I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did. May Allah bless sister Fida and continue to bless and strengthen her poetic skills. Please check out her poetry blog.

Lailatul Qadr 

Last night felt like Lailatul Qadr 
I came home feeling happy and peaceful 
the weather just right, 
not too cold and not too hot 

It might be time for bed 
but Dhikr plays in my head 
some of us sit outside 
enjoying tea in the quiet 

Looking up at the sky 
all the stars are out 
and I notice it all 
and some in it's constellation 

But crickets come calling 
and so does bed 
but it might be Lailatul Qadr 
and you'd want the blessings 
of a night worth more than a thousand months 

I wash myself 
and dress back into modesty 
all wrapped up 
I stand on my prayer mat 
keeping myself focused 
I praise and ask for forgiveness 

All this to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment