Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Ramadan Mubarik! Day Twenty-Four!

Time is flying,
flying past me.
What have I done,
during this time?
What have I left behind?
What will I take with me?

Ramadan is fleeting from us at lighting speed. It is sad, I don't feel like I have experienced it the way I used to. :( and what is even more frightening, who is to say I will have the chance to experience it next year. Time flies away from us and never returns. Insha Allah, we have to make do with the time we have, cherish it and use it wisely. I read an ayah that made me realize I need to step up my game. The ayah said (paraphrasing): Allah does not change a condition of a people until they change what is in their own hearts. I need to make some life changes if I'm going to see any real changes in my life and achievement of any goals. So now the question is, what changes do I need to make and how, where do I begin. Things were so much easier when my mom was around, now I feel like a little fish in a huge empty ocean. I return to getting mentally prepared for my interview tomorrow *shudders* everyone says it is a cinch, insha Allah, I hope so.

Dua: Oh Allah, guide me to what is right for me, give me direction to what is good for me, give me success in that which is beneficial for me and my ummah in this life and the hereafter. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment